Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default OT used pickup trucks

On Fri, 14 May 2021 18:02:50 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 05/14/2021 01:02 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
They all had paint problems then. The latest Ford debacle is their dual clutch
trannys used in their small models. The all have loss (to the buyer) leaders
that fall apart before your very eyes and others that are manufactured for
life.

I bought an '80 Camaro when GM was switching over to water based paint.
It was a clue there might be a problem when they gave me a bottle of
touch up paint with the new car.

It was white and the roof acquired some striping from a trip through the
car wash. I don't know what it would have done in the long term since I
traded it in on an '82 Firebird. There was nothing wrong with it but I
really liked the hatchback compared to the previous model where you
could fit a Dopp kit and two dead mice in the trunk.

I wish they had brought back the 3rd gen hatch for the new Camaros
although leaving that LC1 V-6 in the dust was a good thing. The rear
main seal would spin and depending on the phase of the moon turn the car
into a mosquito fogger. It didn't lose enough oil to be a concern but I
got tired of people telling me my car was on fire. It was also anemic
although the optional V-8 LG4 was little better.

More power? Shudda bought the Binford 6100 !

--
Tekkie