Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Split fingernail.

John Rumm wrote:
On 15/05/2021 14:59, Chris Bacon wrote:
I sort of hesitate to put this here, but it's DIY-related (or work...)
and I'm hoping there's a DIY fix.

There's a vertical split in the top of the nail on my pointing finger. I
don't want it to catch on something and rip off, or get worse (it's only
4-5mm into the pink zone). I want to get ti to heal.

I have had it in sticking plaster for about 6 weeks, but the split
continues down as the nail grows. Bloody nuisance.

Any ideas/experience?

One oft suggested option is a blob of superglue. Some suggest a
fibreglass matt style repair using a bit of "fabric" cut from a (unused)
teabag.

I guess youre probably best using the €śtraditional€ť teabag that contains
plastic than the new eco-friendly ones?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls