Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] is offline

Default Steps or platform for window cleaning and caravan roof cleaning. - feet at 3m+

David wrote on 15/05/2021 :
I also have a caravan which would benefit from a roof clean every 6 months
or so.

I hve just done mine earlier today. My method is to use an extendable
brush, with the caravan driven with the mover, close up to the side of
my workshop which has a flat roof. I can get onto that via a ladder
which can be lashed into position.

We clean our own windows. The upstairs ones are (with a struggle)
cleanable from inside, they open with a gap at the side hinge. The
downstairs ones all open hinge at the top. The we tackle with a long
window double headed 'brush' from Home Bargains. It has a sort of flat
mob as one end, then a rubber blade at the other.

If I had to clean the upstairs, from outside, on some sort of access
equipment, I would use a ladder, but with a stand off bracket - both of
which I have. It's not easy working off a ladder, when the ladder is
blocking you from the very thing you are trying to work on - the
window.