wendi

Default spray paint vs hand paint

BEHR paint instruction: "Thin no more than 1/2 pint per gallon...Use
airless sprayer 0.015 spray tip." What is airless sprayer? How do I find
out the tip size of a spray gun (I borrowed the gun from someone).

thx in advance
-wen

"Tom" wrote in message
Wendi wrote:I just tried spray painting (compressor and spray gun) for

the
first time.
I water down the paint to 4 parts paint, 1 part water. The resulting

paint
job is a little chalky or sandy. And the satin sheen is no where to be
seen. Meanwhile, my hand paint (with Purdy brush) job, while has a

little
brush mark, but it retains the satin finish and looks and feels smoother

me.

How can I maintain the satin sheen with spray gun? Is it because I

didn't
water it down properly?

thx in advance.

What kind of paint? Read the label on the can, and see if there's anything

on
there about using it in a spray gun. Then get back to us. Tom
Work at your leisure!