Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon[_2_] Chris Bacon[_2_] is offline

Default Microwave malarky.

On 15/05/2021 08:57, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
There is no such thing as low power on a Magnetron, they simply put it on
and off to simulate the lower energy over time so to speak.

Is the filament reading OK?

Also, I was intrigued by the diode being such a poor conductor in one
direction, in your previous post. However as you have not actually killed
yourself yet, my guess is there is no eht for whatever reason.

Why do you think I might kill myself?

The filament reads "almost no resistance", if you mean the "winding" on
the transformer, the terminals on the magnetron connedct to each other
with very low resistance, but not to the case.

A new diode costs only a couple of pounds so I may get one of those as
well as the magnetron & fuses I have on order.