Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Best old paint removal tool on salvaged timber?

wrote in message
On 14/05/2021 16:27, Mike Halmarack wrote:
The flat below me is getting a big refurb. I asked if I could raid the
skip. Now I have lots of door linings and simple bull nosed architrave
covered in paint. In my younger days I've resorted to stripper,
scrapers and sanding but I don't have quite the stamina for that these
days.
I'm considering the situation as an excuse to buy a cordless planer,
I see that the blades aren't too pricey.
Is planing going to be the most sensible approach to the problem?

Whether it's worth bothering with depends on the value of your time and
the quality of the timber but ... I spoke to someone this week who has
started using a sand blasting rig to prepare old furniture for
refinishing, apparently it works well.

Dunno. Someone I know got that done with a very decent dining
room table. It ended up nothing like the job done properly.