Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default OT used pickup trucks

On Fri, 14 May 2021 15:32:18 -0400, Ralph Mowery posted for all of us to
digest...

In article , says...

I used the lemon law about 2 years ago to get rid of a car.

I've learned not to fall in love with mechanical things because they will
always break your heart.

I had a Dodge Swinger 340 new in 1969 and loved that little car.
Someone ran a stop sign and I total lost it. Bought a Dodge Demon with
the same motor. That was when you could order a car with the options
you wanted. Drove it home from a dealer about 20 miles away. I raised
the hood at home to see if it was a V8 or a 6 cylinder as it was suppose
to be an 8 but performed like a 6. That thing would not start about
half the time or would just barley start. Traded it off with less than
20,000 miles on it. Worse car I ever owned.
I believe Clare said it was probably the ballast resistor was bad as to
the reason it would not start. The local mechanics never did find the
problem.

Next worse was a 1974 Ventura that I traded the Demon for. The AC was
always running out of refrigerant and the timing gear would go out every
35 to 40 thousand miles. Piece of fiber gear junk.

Started buying the Japan cars and only spent money on the normal
maintenance.

No lemon law then

--
Tekkie