Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default OT used pickup trucks

On Thu, 13 May 2021 18:34:54 -0400, Wade Garrett posted for all of us to
digest...

And it looks great too!

I fell in love with a shiny new burgundy 90's vintage top of the line
F-150 with the big V8 that was sitting on a raised pedestal in front of
a local Ford dealer's showroom.

Out on the test drive, I noticed a rough idle which the salesman assured
me was common in those engines until they broke in for a few thousand
miles. Overcome with lust as I was, I chose to believe the
silver-tongued devil, took out my checkbook and drove it home.

6,000 miles and several different Ford dealer service departments later,
it still shook sitting at a red light. By now, that feature was labeled
"normal for that engine."

Complaints to Ford HQ in Michigan brought some regional service experts
to work on it with some small improvement.

A subsequent certified complaint letter to Hank The Deuce himself
resulted in a return letter over his signature (mechanically done, no
doubt) quoting from the regional service guys' reports that implied I
was a picky crank who loved to complain.

I was so ****ed I sold the truck.

Yeah, I understand. I looked at a Chevy Blazer? (the boxy one)& the salesman
said to take it home over the weekend. I was young & dumb & it worked. Lots of
problems, like not wanting to start in the morning. What ****ed me the most was
it was 2 wheel drive and there was record snows that season. I slid backward
down a hill and managed to stay out of the ditch and not hit anything like the
car behind me. I got an Exploder Sport with zero problems that I loved. I had
to trade it because my wife couldn't get in. ;(

I used the lemon law about 2 years ago to get rid of a car.

I've learned not to fall in love with mechanical things because they will
always break your heart.

--
Tekkie