Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack[_3_] Mike Halmarack[_3_] is offline

Default Best old paint removal tool on salvaged timber?

On Fri, 14 May 2021 17:25:16 +0100, Chris Bacon
wrote:

On 14/05/2021 16:58, Mike Halmarack wrote:
I suppose my question is really, will a planer do it?

You should certainly wear a respirator, and it won't do mouldings at all
easily (some wag may comment about adjusting the cutter with an angle
grinder...).

I suppose it'd do it, you might have to clamp up your workpieces though,
and I bet they'd come out a little undersized. Me, I am not keen on
electric planers (but I have a planer/thicknesser).

There's something about chemical strippers that leave the surface not
at all like clean fresh wood. I kind of fancy getting down to natural
looking softwood.
--

Mike