Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon[_2_] Chris Bacon[_2_] is offline

Default Best old paint removal tool on salvaged timber?

On 14/05/2021 16:27, Mike Halmarack wrote:
I have lots of door linings and simple bull nosed architrave
covered in paint. In my younger days I've resorted to stripper,
scrapers and sanding but I don't have quite the stamina for that these
days.
I'm considering the situation as an excuse to buy a cordless planer,
I see that the blades aren't too pricey.
Is planing going to be the most sensible approach to the problem?

Is it worth doing though? For that sort of thing I use a gas torch and a
shave hook.