Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rob[_40_] Rob[_40_] is offline

Default usb Parallel converter

Tim R wrote:
On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 6:43:59 AM UTC-4, Rob wrote:
wrote:
If I have a converter between a USB computer and a parallel printer, will it
also work between a usb printer and parallel computer?

(I want to replace 1995 printer which is connected to 1995 and 2007 computers.)

No, that will not work!

So, you have USB on a computer, and parallel on a printer, and you have a converter to connect them?

Now you want to get rid of the parallel printer and buy a USB printer? No, your converter won't work, but you won't need it anymore. You can go USB to USB.

Maybe I misunderstood what you are asking.

I have not asked anything, but I have read what the OP asked and understood
that he has a computer with parallel interface, and a printer with USB
interface, and is looking for a gadget to connect the two.

However, a "USB to parallel printer" converter (cable) will not do that,
it converts the other way around (USB computer to parallel printer).