Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Looking for a hand operated drill bit holder

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 3:25:40 PM UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
Used to see this on sale but can't find any suitable for holding standard twist drills from about 1mm to 4mm, 5mm if possible.

Mostly for use as a 'spot face cutter' for stripboard but would be handy for drilling and enlarging holes in thin ply wood and acrylic plastics up to 3mm thick, as most are pretty crap the vero ones are £12 each and just with a 3.5mm bit.

Maybe I'm using the wrong search terms as we have one it has a clutch type mechanism like a proper drill bit holder but designed be used by hand and has a bar attached like vices do for ease of use.

Need around 50 of them depending on price.

A replacement wooden file handle with a drill bit epoxied in does the job. They come in a variety of sizes and the smaller one for 200mm files are just right holewise.

Richard