Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OT The secret vote on Liz Cheney this week

On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 11:36:35 PM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 13 May 2021 06:25:10 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:
On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 12:04:51 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:

***I wish she could bring in being a draft-dodger but since she can't
fully prove it, it would probably hurt her credibiility. Because one
would think all these gun-totin' patriotic 'mericans would be disgusted
by and unforgiving towards a draft dodger.

It's obvious they don't care. They knew it in 2016 and insisted that Trump was
the best candidate when there were 15 other decent Republican candidates.
They also heard those despicable insults Trump hurled at a disabled war
veteran, John McCain, who was gravely wounded and imprisoned serving in
the war Trump dodged. I saw Trump say that shortly after he started to run.
I said he's finished now, Republicans will not stand for that. Sadly I was very
wrong. Not only did they stand for it, they liked it, his polling went up.

One of the things I think about periodically is how some of the other 2016
candidates spoke so poorly of Trump during the runup to the 2016 election,
including Graham, Cruz, and Rubio, among others, and how Trump spoke so
poorly of each of them. Those people went on to become some of Trump's
biggest supporters. That's some mighty fine mental gymnastics.

At least that was during an election and 5 years ago. How about the jerks
like Kevin McCarthy who spoke out against Trump's election lie and insurrection
back in January? He said pretty much what Liz Cheney and others are saying
now. Or McConnell who said back in January that Trump was lying, that there
was no stolen election, that he is responsible for the insurrection, but then
voted not to impeach him.

One of the interesting news stories of the day is that Florida apparently
has some obscure legal code that allows the Governor to step in and block
an extradition request by another state, so if, for example, NY or GA
indicts Trump for any of multiple issues, it's not a done deal that Florida
would agree to give him up. The twist is that Trump is apparently planning
to move to his golf resort in NJ, thus voluntarily removing himself from
the

protection he enjoys in Florida. These are interesting
times.

Like I've said many times, I hope if anyone brings charges against Trump
they are for serious crimes, airtight cases, eg big tax evasion. The last thing
we need is some BS case about valuing properties one way to get a loan
and using a different valuation for real estate tax purposes. If that's a crime,
90% of homeowners are guilty. If they try that it's only going to increase
sympathy and support for Trump.