Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default OT used pickup trucks

On Thu, 13 May 2021 22:55:24 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 14 May 2021 11:38:07 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..

Hopefully Ford has learned a lesson from those terrible days ?

No they havent. They currently have much worse engine
problems, dead engines that they are in denial about.

Post some links ..

Too hard now, that was months ago when I was researching a new vehicle.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ford...roblems+denial

Gee thanks.
John T.

The TFI problems were not extremely rare - but hardly a pandemic -
and those problems are 26 years in the rear view mirror.
The Powerstrokes were knows as "PowerJokes"
The Coyote is a performance engine and if driven hard burns about as
much 0w20 oil as a primo 289 furned 10W40 or straight 30 in the
seventies. Apparently the second quart doesn't burn as fast as the
first if you fon't top up after the first quart which would inficate
to me the specified oil level is too high -- -- Put 7 quarts in with
the new dipstick and don't add untill it says add - then only add ONE
quart bringing the level to half way between dull and add - see what
hapens. Still burns less oil than a BMW. The 4 cyl EcoBoosts
apparently DO have a problem.

Years back we never considered a Canadian Quart of oil in 1500 miles
to be a problem