Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT The secret vote on Liz Cheney this week

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 05/13/2021 12:05 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/12/2021 12:29 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/11/2021 07:21 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

So, she has ethics? Morals? We need more politicians like her. Good
for her.

She is also the old guard. Do you think the people attempting to
reshape the Republican party have no ethics or morals?

I've always been an independent and the current party that come
closest to my opinions is the American Solidarity Party, a minuscule
group not even on the ballot in most states. I have no interest in the
party of Bush, McCain, Cheney, Romney and so forth. Whether the
Republicans can reshape themselves and retain voters remains to be seen.

Just checked them out

https://solidarity-party.org/about-us/platform/

I can go along with most of what they are looking to do. Far more than
the other two parties that have made a mess in DC

There is a lot of history behind them.

https://theimaginativeconservative.o...tributism.html

Just because it is based on Catholic social doctrine does not mean the
ideas are not valid. Rerum Novarum was written in 1891 when society was
undergoing a disruption that had started with the industrial revolution.

http://www.vatican.va/content/leo-xi...m-novarum.html

"misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working
class"
thats just silly, even at that time.

We're in a similar situation with wealth being concentrated in the hands
of less than 1% of the world's people,

No its not even in the first world.

and radicals countering with unworkable ideas based on Marx.