Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Dremel style mini tool - recommendations?

On 12/05/2021 21:43, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Wednesday, 12 May 2021 at 14:51:05 UTC+1, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:
I have a mains powered multi tool which is very useful for stuff like
cutting between floorboards, but is still a bit brutal.

I'm looking for something to do more delicate work like cut a plastic
cover to an electrical item (removed, of course).

There is far too much choice on t'Internet so looking for recommendations.

£30 or under if possible although that may guarantee a piece of crap.

Lidl currently has a cordless one - £16.50, if I remember right! No - I have not used one. (I have a mains Dremel which is OK.)

I think it a bit bulky - so when partner wanted something like it for very light use, I bought a smaller one from AliExpress. She'd have found the Lidl one awkward - as she confirmed when we looked the other day.

I picked the Lidl one up today. I have only charged it up and checked
that it runs. This one is certainly on the larger side, but perhaps that
means it has a bit more oomph than the smaller ones. Really for two
handed use. 12 volt, 1300 mAh Li-ion, 5000 to 25000 rpm (click-stop
speeds which is nice). Comes with five collets and half a dozen drills
plus other usual accessories. Soft-ish start but a bit more vibration
than I would prefer. Charges with USB C, 1.5A charger included.