Bill Seurer

Default may have sold our house (St. Joseph played a role)

D. Gerasimatos wrote:

Sometimes, though, things are painted because they need to be to hide
flaws or lower grade materials. I know someone who spent a LOT of time
stripping paint off of her redwood entryway only to find that the wood,
while indeed redwood, was just not very attractive. She painted it.

My mom did something like that. She stripped all the paint off the
cabinets in her kitchen only to find the wood was ugly and in poor shape
to boot. She ended up repainting it too.