Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default Replacing some of the roof tiles in a column of tiles

On 13/05/2021 14:12, NY wrote:
We have a roof that is tiled with curved interlocking tiles which have a
profile like a very shallow sine wave. The mortar alongside the sloping
edge of one side has started crack and come out, and I notice that a few
of the tiles on that edge have crumbled leaving only edge closest to the
mortar.

What is the trick for removing some of a vertical column of tiles to
replace them, without having to remove the ones beside them to reveal
the peg that each end tile is hooked onto (or the nail that is fastening
it to the rafter), and then remove the column next to that, and so on ad
infinitum?

https://i.postimg.cc/y8BT2YnX/Scan-13-05-2021-1358.png is a sketch of
the roof, a single-slope (ie not ridged) roof on a brick lean-to that is
attached to a much larger garage.

With flat tiles, I have been able to replace a tile in the middle of the
roof by raising the tiles above a little bit. Enough to unhook the
broken tile. Maybe you can do something similar. Do you have a ridge
tile that you can remove?

With regard to the roof edge, google for 'plastic roof verge' and get
https://www.roofingsuperstore.co.uk/...RoC-gcQAvD_BwE

There are also straight plasic verges.

--
Michael Chare