Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pipe joins and pipe sizing for heating oil

In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
I‘ve no idea how accurate the flaring has to be but I would have thought
that as long as it‘s ”near enough for the fittings to bolt together the
compression forces with mould the pipe into the correct shape to seal.

I doubt it. I have a flaring tool for car brake pipes. There's more to it
than just flaring it out a bit. It forms a sort of nipple on the end.

--
*The beatings will continue until morale improves *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.