Posted to rec.woodworking
ads[_2_] ads[_2_] is offline

Default OT: Gas shortage

On Thu, 13 May 2021 10:46:59 -0400, knuttle
wrote:

As you sit in the gas line or are looking for a station with gas, DON"T
you wish your car was powered by on of the small nuclear reactor like
those they have use to power satellites for decades?

Some of my neighbors may be excperiencing a "gas shortage" but we're
of the "Fill at 1/2 tank" mindset and my truck was at 3/4 tank and my
wife's vehicle between 1/2 and 3/4 tank when the nearest gas station
went dry. We're good for some days on what's in the vehicles, then
there's the 15+ gallons of treated gas in the shed out back with the
lawn equipment and the generator.

With the "experts" saying 5 to 7 days for recovery from each day the
pipeline was shut down, that's about 30 days to get back to normal
stocks of fuel. We're Ok with that. Are you?