Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pulling a main fuse safely

In article ,
Scott wrote:
On 11 May 2021 17:18:10 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

Chris Bacon wrote:
On 11/05/2021 17:28, Tim+ wrote:
This is possibly gonna sound a bit wimpish but I’ve never pulled a 100 amp
main fuse before but I’m beginning to think that it might be worth a shot
to try and “ reboot” my smart meter which has lost it’s ability to
communicate with my power company.

How is it that you can access the fuse? They are normally sealed in a
box, AFAIK.

Well I would have to break the seal….

I thought it was a criminal offence to tamper with the seal. I think
you need to get permission first.

It's a criminal offence to steal electricity. And they'd know if the seal
was removed to do this.

--
*I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't care.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.