Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pancho Pancho is offline

Default Pulling a main fuse safely

On 11/05/2021 17:28, Tim+ wrote:
This is possibly gonna sound a bit wimpish but Ive never pulled a 100 amp
main fuse before but Im beginning to think that it might be worth a shot
to try and €ś reboot€ť my smart meter which has lost its ability to
communicate with my power company.

Literally been waiting months for an engineers visit and thinking that a
power cycle *might* sort it.

Obviously theres a fair chance that it might not but if I can do it easily
and safely it seems worth a shot.

Tim

I've got the same, apart from I had ignored it up until today, but it
explains why my Home Display stopped displaying electricity.

Still works for gas, just not leccy. Stopped working about 5 months ago.
The actual meter display shows a sensible number. I just get estimated
electricity bills and no electricity figure on the Home Display.

Strange:

https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360030097111-Can-I-get-smart-meters-if-my-current-meters-are-more-than-10-metres-apart-

"Gas meters send their readings through the electricity meter. When
they're more than 10metres (32 feet) apart, the gas meter won't be able
to communicate with Bulb or the smart network."

So the electricity box is responsible for networking. Mine can report
gas figures just not its own internal figures.

Smells like a software bug, rather than network issues. Might be a bug
at Bulb, rather than my meter.