Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT used pickup trucks

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

When I bought my first brand new pickup bare bones 1980 F100
- it was priced at $ 5800. I drove it for 13 years and wished
that I'd bought 2 of them ! .. to get another vehicle that would
cost less than $ 1000 per year ...

The new f150 seem to be around $ 40000 for the bare bones or nearly so.

That is about 8 times the price you paid for one in 1980. How much more
are you making now compaired to 1980 ? More or less than 8 times.

Not relevant now I have retired and realise that I will never spend
my vast accumulated wealth before I die or pull the plug so I might
as well enjoy whatever I decide is useful. I even considered a merc
or a beemer when I couldn't find what I wanted in a cruise control
but even they couldn't supply one. They should be able to in future
tho because what I want is being mandated by the EU soon, before
they all are stupid enough to go EV only.