Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default OT: House Offer Accepted. What A Crazy Market!

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:
On 5/12/2021 12:00 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

[huge snip]

Are you invested in the indexes that you track? IOW, were you tracking
your actual investments too? Just curious, that's all.

I think by 'invested in the indexes' Derby was asking if you
own an index fund or ETF (e.g. DIA or IVV).

Yes. I use https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/

E*Trade Pro does most of this - it's a great java app
that tracks your full portfolio real-time, and has trading
and research capabilities.

There is often quite a dispersion between managed funds and the indexes -
both above and below, especially when there is volatility. Some fund managers
handle it quite well, some not so much.

Yes but the major indexes typically predict the temper of the markets.

The VIX (Volatility index) is probably the most accurate predictor.

It has risen from 16 to 27 in the last week.

My money manager is continuously buying and selling so it can be a
challenge to keep up with it.

And who pays the commissions for all those trades?