Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas Thomas is offline

Default Storm door Larson Tradewinds

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 1:46:07 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 30 Apr 2021 12:15:44 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 4:38:44 PM UTC-4, Thomas Argo wrote:
On 4/29/21 2:23 PM, Thomas wrote:
Full view just installed.
Bought from Lowes.
Model 15604031e

Is there a way to keep it open other than a concrete block?
It has a unique..to me.. top hidden closer.
Nice door.

Check this YouTube video re this feature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VXCVtlpdLw

It seems very nice. I might have wanted this if I'd seen it earlier.

"The Click&Hold„˘ design hides inside the door and features a hold open
catch & release, ensuring the door will be held place securely until
pulled shut."

Actual instructions start at 1:43 of the video.
Thanks a bunch for that. The screw in the top track was stripped and just fell out.
I wrapped the set screw with nylon clothing thread, added gorilla glue and allen wrenched it back in.
I will test it tomorrow. I looked hard for this so thank you again.

My fix did not work. New plan is to use a self tap and screw through plastic piece into the upper track.
If that fails, back to a rock.

A rock will look much better than a concrete block.

Some are quite pretty. check out Rocks-R-Us.

Door is 3 days old. Not their fault.

Looking now, it says Unavailable. You might have gotten the last one.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/LARSON-Trad...-in/1000494379
So...I just drilled a small pilot hole and the bit snapped off. I said sonofavabitch, that is never coming out.
Lit a cig and thought That IS never coming out. Drilled a second hole and snapped that bit on purpose.
Fixed. Lol. Done deal.

You lost me. It's fixed because the drill bit takes the place of the
missing screw?

Yep. 2 snapped off bits flush but through plastic piece and aluminum door. No way to get them out so good enough for me. Nice door over new masonite full view main door.