Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Premium bonds

On 12/05/2021 07:43, Andy Burns wrote:
NY wrote:

I do have a sneaking suspicion that some of my bond numbers were not
entered into the draw or else were paying out to someone else, for
that large amount of capital to return *such* a small amount. There
was no problem when I cashed in the money (as a small contribution to
buying a new house), so all the money was correctly registered to me
on their system.

For premium bonds purchased in the 1960s, which are yellowing pieces of
paper with a rubber-stamped date on them, in a small cardboard wallet,
were these centrally recorded anywhere?

Yes. If you create an online account you can see how many prehistoric
birthday ones you have languishing on their system. It shows as how much
more you can invest before hitting their £50k limit.

With a £10 bond you can expect to wait around 20k months to get a win.
Conversely with £20k invested you might feel hard done by if you didn't
get a win most months. £1k will get you a win every now and then.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown