Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Intel Optane HDD

On 12/05/2021 10:55, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Theo presented the following explanation :
It's not part of the drive, it's a separate NVMe stick.
The driver software uses it as cache for other drives, but you can
access it
as a small NVMe drive (eg 16GB) if you really want.

Correct - it looks as if I could upgrade the Optane from 16Gb to 32 or
maybe even 64Gb.

It only shows the single C: drive.

You would be better off putting in an SSD

+1

The only SSD I have ever had fail on me was an Intel one.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown