Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Carver Mark Carver is offline

Default Pulling a main fuse safely

On 12/05/2021 12:40, Chris J Dixon wrote:

After I pulled the fuse to change a CU some considerable years
ago, there was an issue that I didn't spot affecting the contact
surfaces. Subsequently I experienced occasional supply dips, and
eventually noticed overheating of the fuseholder.

They were round to sort it in very short order.

I hadÂ* a new DNO point installed 18 months ago. As part of that they
fitted a double pole 100 A switch (downstream of the meter, but
obviously upstream of the CU)
Is that a new policy to avoid folk 'meddling'Â* with the fuseÂ* ?