Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pancho Pancho is offline

Default Intel Optane HDD

On 12/05/2021 09:01, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I have just bought myself a new/refurbished laptop, which is supposed to
have an Intel Optane HDD system. Optane is a 16Gb SSD buffer/ 1Gb HDD.
It shows in Control Panel as an Optane + HDD.

Reading up on Optane, it needs to have drivers and utilities, but I
cannot find any mention of them on the system at all. There is an empty
Intel folder in the root of C:.

The laptop seems fast, much faster than my old one, so I have nothing to
compare with. How can I check and be sure the Optane is configured and
being used?

You can test disk performance with:

https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskmark/