Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Mostly Vegan - Ping Tim

In message , Tim Streater
writes
On 11 May 2021 at 19:33:19 BST, RJH wrote:

On 11 May 2021 at 13:09:39 BST, "Fredxx" wrote:

On 11/05/2021 11:25, Spike wrote:
On 11/05/2021 10:02, T i m wrote:

The *best* and easiest way to help all of them is by not paying to
continue forcing them to suffer such things. Dairy consumption is down
40% in the UK and USA and that will mean that 40% fewer animals will
have to suffer.

I put "Dairy consumption is down 40% in the UK and USA" into a search
engine, and the first hit came up with this:

https://www.dairyreporter.com/Articl...ic-leads-to-mo
re-consumption-of-dairy-products?utm_source=copyright&utm_medium=OnSi
te&utm_campaign=copyright

"The consumption of dairy products has increased during the pandemic,
with experts cautiously optimistic about the future of the UK dairy
market. "

I wonder where T i m got his falsehood from? Probably another fanatical
vegan.

I cut out milk at the start of lockdown to save frequent shop visits - and
it's something that's been on my mind for a while. Added bonus - saved a few
hundred kg of C02 and 60,000 litres of water, which is nice :-)

I'd guess others did similar.

Whatever for?

Look, if you're that bothered by your planetary footprint, you could always
cease to exist. That way, you could avoid the production of around half a ton
of CO2 each year.

I'm curious about this 60,000 litres of water business. I suppose it
could be linked to the rainfall on an acre or so of grass?

--
Tim Lamb