Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] is offline

Default Intel Optane HDD

I have just bought myself a new/refurbished laptop, which is supposed
to have an Intel Optane HDD system. Optane is a 16Gb SSD buffer/ 1Gb
HDD. It shows in Control Panel as an Optane + HDD.

Reading up on Optane, it needs to have drivers and utilities, but I
cannot find any mention of them on the system at all. There is an empty
Intel folder in the root of C:.

The laptop seems fast, much faster than my old one, so I have nothing
to compare with. How can I check and be sure the Optane is configured
and being used?