Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Premium bonds

NY wrote:

I do have a sneaking suspicion that some of my bond numbers were not
entered into the draw or else were paying out to someone else, for that
large amount of capital to return *such* a small amount. There was no
problem when I cashed in the money (as a small contribution to buying a
new house), so all the money was correctly registered to me on their
system.

For premium bonds purchased in the 1960s, which are yellowing pieces of
paper with a rubber-stamped date on them, in a small cardboard wallet,
were these centrally recorded anywhere?