Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Mostly Vegan - Ping Tim

On Tue, 11 May 2021 18:33:19 +0000 (UTC), RJH
wrote:

snip

I cut out milk at the start of lockdown to save frequent shop visits - and
it's something that's been on my mind for a while. Added bonus - saved a few
hundred kg of C02 and 60,000 litres of water, which is nice :-)

And the real irony is that it's 'nice' for everyone including all the
sea creatures that don't have to suffer the waste runoff polluting
their environment or the methane that is 100x more potent a greenhouse
gas compared with CO2 (all be it it that it only lasts 10 years it's
still 10 years more than necessary (to those levels)).

I'd guess others did similar.

I did starting 5 years ago (doctors orders) and yes, it's nice to be
able to 'stock up' on milk and have it ready to use whenever we want,
straight out of the cupboard (if you haven't put one in the fridge
ready).

I have been cooking all sort of things (cakes etc) using vegan milk
and butter and really don't find it an issue ... which it isn't of
course, especially if you care about why you are doing it.

Cheers, T i m