bob smif

Default wire nut connections

"Greg" wrote in message
http://www.nelcoproducts.com/wire_nuts_d.html.

"Wire nuts are a quick and easy way to make a secure wire connection

without
saudering or the use of any additional tools. Simply strip away an inch

and
half of the wires insulation. Then holding the bare ends of the wire

parrallel
and insert them into the threaded hole of the wire nut. The wire nut is

then
twisted to ensure a low resistance connection every time. Finally rap the

wire
nut and connected wires in electrical tape to finish the connection.

Wire nuts should only be used for making connections between wires of the

same
color."

This is not a manufacturer and their advise is as good as their spelling.

Thanks. I also abhored their spelling, and just realized that they aren't a
manufacturer. Still, I seem to remember the packages of Gardner-Bender wire
connectors at Lowe's saying the same thing about inserting the untwisted
wires into the wire nut. I'll have to double-check the package, the
Gardner-Bender website is a little light on providing much technical
information.

How about "push on" type connectors? Are they any good?

(yeah, I'm just a homemoaner but I'm also smart and educated and eager to do
things the "right" way)