Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default cooktop cutout too large?

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 11 May 2021 13:45:02 +0000, Marilyn
wrote:

What material would you recommend be used to install additional support from below to reduce the size of the cooktop cut-out hole? Our granite cut-out is a bit too large for the new cooktop we want to purchase.

What do you call a bit?

All 4 sides.

In inches.

This is not Twitter. People are free to give all the relevant
information, and they should.

Does the stove company offer a larger escutcheon or anything else for
this purpose? Check with them first.

I don't have granite. Is there anything underneath the granite, like
wood (how thick?), or is it just granite all the time?