Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Words have poer

On 5/11/2021 3:27 PM, micky wrote:
Hearings today at least in part about whether to suspend patent rights
on the successful Corona vaccines.

Oone member of the committee:

"What sounds good in an ivory-tower college thesis does not correspond
to reality."

Richard Burr R-NC Educations Committee Ranking Member.

It's second nature for some people to be nasty. How much better it
would have been to just say What sounds good on paper , instead of
repeating the popular ridicule of colleges. But I bet he doesn't even
notice that he's ridiculing anything, or that he's antagonizing people
who admire the college academic world, and who will if only reflexively
oppose anything he's says following this wisecrack.

Words have power to do both good and bad.

Perhaps he does recognize and it is intentional. Many colleges are
bastions of liberalism and not aligned at all with the Republican party.

You should hear my son about #1 daughter. She was brought up a
conservative but graduated a liberal. Same with her husband from a very
conservative family.