Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default OT: House Offer Accepted. What A Crazy Market!

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 10:29:28 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 5/10/2021 3:07 PM, dpb wrote:
On 5/10/2021 1:32 PM, Leon wrote:
On 5/10/2021 10:35 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
DerbyDad03 writes:
On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 4:43:18 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:

In the current interest climate, there's essentially no "stable
bucket"
that even makes the current (relatively) low inflation rate so you're
losing ground in purchasing power besides.

That is not true. There are indeed bond funds that are still making
more than inflation. If you look hard enough or have a financial
advisor that knows where to look, there is still money that can be
made in bonds. Managed products, not index funds.

Even Municipal Bonds. My collection thereof returned slightly over 4%
last year. Tax free.

All of my bond funds are currently averaging 3.5%, not great but
better than any bank.

My dividend-paying stocks portfolio is 5.65% average dividend plus the
composite annualized capital gain since purchase is 7.76% or 13.4% total.

Well I have the mutual funds too. Just had a meeting with my money
manager last week. Since about 2008 my portfolio has tripled. That was
when I dropped my previous money manager.

I was mostly mutual funds until the crash last year. I got out before
it hit bottom and back in about 3 weeks later, lower than when I got
out. But with a more conservative approach, 50% bond funds and 50%
mutual funds.

Bond funds are mutual funds.

I assume you mean bond mutual funds and equity mutual funds.