JD

Default may have sold our house (St. Joseph played a role)

C. Brunner wrote in message

I was the only person touring the house at the time, so I told the
realtor why I was there. He relaxed, took off his sales hat, and told
me about the house. Apparently, it had been custom-designed by the
current owners, who had to sell because one of them was gravely ill.
As I stood there admiring the stained window and door casings,
shelving, cabinetry, etc., another visitor walked in. Soon I heard
her complaining to the realtor in disgust about the "plain" interior
trim--"Why would anyone leave it looking that way? Why didn't they
*paint* it???" She only stayed a few minutes, before muttering
something about wasting her time and then walking out.

Anyone who walks from a house because of paint is either not a serious buyer
or a complete idiot.