Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mostly Vegan - Ping Tim

On Friday, 7 May 2021 at 18:59:20 UTC+1, T i m wrote:

And in other countries / cultures (that think drinking a mothers milk
after you have weaned to be weird) have much greater levels of lactose
intolerance.

https://milk.procon.org/lactose-intolerance-by-country/

I think you should read from your own link.
Lactose intolerance in infants is caused by a mutation in the LCT gene, which results in a life-long intolerance. This condition is inherited, rare, and most common in Finland.

Only about 5% of Northern and Central Europeans have lactose intolerance.
As this is the peolpe on here(mostly) so we won't see the 60% intolerance that other countries might have.

even then you have to know the reasons why you have the pains you experience.
Most of my (mental) pains are down to students !

Only those who have gained that 'tolerance (to something we shouldn't
have been consuming in the first place) by long term exposure to it.
Hardly an indicator that we were *meant* to consume it eh freak?

That applies to alcohol too otherwise I wouldn;t fall over afetr 10 pints would I.
and teh older I get the less I can drink, so that must mean that we were NEVER suposed
to drink alcohol, and yep bloody Jesus turned water in to wine why ?

As you get older eyes go too, does that mean your not meant to read ?

This is because if you drink cows milk as a child, and
then stop, the body loses the ability to produce lactase, the enzyme that can
break down lactose, the sugar in milk. Drinking milk as adults is part of our
culture, so talking about intolerance is ********.

Aw bless, the stupid goblin tries to conflate science and biology with
culture. Awww ...

But it's true it's part of evolution. It;s why ther is bactria in the clean rooms at NASA
It's why we eveloved to walk on two legs.
It;s why some peole have dark skin and others have lighter skin.
whether it's right or wrong, good or bad is irrelivant to the evolution.

Lactase is found in other mammals than humans. We are all born with the
ability to produce it - wouldn't be able to digest human milk otherwise.

Yes, *before we wean' you cow nipple sucking weirdo!

and we educate others so the inteligence of our offspring will hopefully be
better than out ancestors. The longer we can live the more we can learn.

Occasionally you see animals sucking offspring of other species; usually the
latter are orphans.

'Occasional ... so even less than the 40% then? It's the exception
that proves the rule to you does it (I suppose it would if you are
desperately trying to justify your position).

Sounds more like you are.

No, we may have taken the surplus milk from a cow at some point in our
past TO SURVIVE but outside of that,

It must have been more than just survive .

the idea is still *disgusting* to
a very large percentage of the world population ..

But what if the choice was to drink it or die of thirst.
I have a theory that it could be from times of draught drinking liquid
that young animals can drink without harm rather than drinking dirty infested water or your own ****.
What would you choose.
Even in london we know of the damage of drinking contaminated water had in the 16th century
that's why people drank gin and beer because it was safer short term than the water.

.. and I'm not even
talking about the many million who agree (but aren't vegan) and have
moved onto alternative milks that are no only more 'natural' (they
aren't the growth fluid for a different species)

Squeezing out the oils from plants is hardly natural or intuative and even I've only drunk it because
it looks like milk and tastes like it otherwose I wouldnt toucvh the stuff
any more than I'd drink yaks ****, which is far more natrual although not on London.

but cause fewer
health issues, are more sustainable, far less cruel, create less
pollution, create fewer greenhouse gasses, use far less water and are
more sustainable.

So is water, but teh water we humans can now drink has changed.
If we started drinking theb water we did in the past we could have all sorts of bugs inside us that would kill us
this is also part of why we live longer and are mostly stonger than we were 6000 years ago
whenn it seems we started drinking milk.

Some put lemon juice in tea, I don't like it or herbal teas.

But you carry on sucking on that cows teat baby! ;-)

Few do that, if any.
Even fewer go to china to get their soy and then extract the oil from it.
Not sure how many vegans eat honey

Lots of people take extra vitiam supliments without knowing where they come from.
Lots of peole are quite happy to let animals die in labs so they can have safe make-up and food.

Cheers, T i m