Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Charging Jump Starter Pack

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 10/05/2021 10:47, T i m wrote:

Whilst it may start off with less Ah capacity, it may well have a
greater cold cranking current so more likely to start a car, assuming
it's willing to start easily.

There is a Youtube video showing cranking when these boosters have been
refrigerated down to 0C

With a lithium based booster on the first turn of the key little happens,
the same with the second turn of the key but these two operations have
generated some heat within the battery and subsequently the engine cranks
with relative ease.

Yeah, interesting video. Tho I dont expect mine will ever get that cold.

I have ordered the 2000A audew. The worst bad reviews on amazon are
a bit of a worry and so is the official life estimate but it will likely do
what
I want. I dont really need the mega cranking capacity but that might well
be handy if I use it to return someone else's big truck from the dead.