Posted to alt.home.repair
Retirednoguilt[_2_] Retirednoguilt[_2_] is offline

Default Ann Coulter

On 5/10/2021 1:53 PM, MikeJ wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

On 5/9/2021 12:42 AM, MikeJ wrote:
Nomen Nescio wrote in
:

Thank you, Nomen, for the article. I haven't heard or seen anything
from Ann in a while, but I haven't been looking, either.

Do you know who you are thanking? There is no Nomen Nescio as it is
an anonymous mailer for people that don't have the balls to be traced.
Not a trusted source of anything.

All you are doing is killing the messenger.

And all everyone else here is doing is pointing to youtube comedy
sketches. Cute, but non-responsive.

No one ever wants to answer rationally. I'll ask again

"So, can anyone say what's wrong with Ann's points of concession, other
than give an emotional response? What would happen if everyone did what
the police asked? That is, not pull a gun, not run, not go back to their
car and reach into it, not pull a knife, not start a car chase, etc.?"

In my opinion, what's wrong with her statement is that it is too much of
a generalization. There are explicit situations where early deployment
of the police and their early use of deadly force can arguably be
justified, such as (1) when the suspect/perp is placing other lives in
immediate danger - whether the target(s) might be civilian or other law
enforcement is irrelevant, and (2) the suspect/perp is an escaped
prisoner who was already convicted of a capital offense. As I write
this, I'm unable to come up with any additional examples. My feeling is
that barring those two circumstances, no officer of the court should
have the right to use deadly force.

If someone who the police wish to detain in any other scenario than what
I've mentioned above attempts to escape an attempted detention, the
police should either attempt to restrain them by threatening/using only
non-lethal force or allow the perp/suspect to escape rather than
potentially provoke actions that might cause injuries or death
disproportionate to the alleged offense that justified the initial
detention (such as driving off and injuring/killing innocent people with
their vehicle).

As an aside, I don't agree with the use of immediate lethal force even
if the suspect/perp was directly observed by officers of the court
committing a capital offense but isn't threatening anyone else. The
suspect/perp has a right to claim self-defense or insanity and the
proper disposition of that situation is the role of the courts. The
police shouldn't act as judge, jury and executioner.