Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Vitodens 200

Trusty old Viessmann gave up the ghost yesterday. Flashing fault light.
All my heating info is in the same folder which wasn't with the other
ones. Typical.

I self installed this boiler in the noughties. Had the same thing when it
was near new. Turned out to be the ionization sensor. Eventually bought a
new one, which was a different design.

Not being able to find the service manual, I thought I might as well just
look at it - only two screws to remove it. And it was a bit dirty.

Gave it a good clean with wire wool and boiler is now running again.

But I've ordered up a new one anyway, at about £40 delivered.

Not quite sure how they work? It appears to be just a metal (of some sort)
rod set in a porcelain insulator, and no ground connection.

--
*Am I ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.