Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default How to fix wooden handrail to wall?

On 10/05/2021 13:46, me wrote:
On Monday, May 10, 2021 at 1:37:16 PM UTC+1, Robin wrote:
If that's all that's stopping you then how about 150mm of threaded rod
resin glued into the centre of the rail?
--

Yes I did think of that. The problem is I only have a hand drill and I'm not confident I can drill a hole bang on the rail axis. If the rod is skewed it'd be difficult to fit into the hole in the brick

The rod would be flush with the end of the wood. It would be there to
strengthen the wood so you are happy to cut it to fit a circular
bracket. The support would come from the screws holding the bracket to
the wall.

--
Robin