Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Charging Jump Starter Pack

On Sat, 8 May 2021 20:57:00 +0100, newshound
wrote:

snip

I keep both that and the single mechanical foot pump in the car.

I used to keep a spare inner tube and a short "bicycle" pump under the
seat of my motorbike.

I carried a spare wheel on my Lambretta. ;-)

I think the old BMW motorbikes came with (or was an option to come
with) a cycle style pump up the main tube accessible from opening the
saddle.

I only ever had rear punctures.

I don't have punctures any more (Punctureseal). ;-)

The one time I had
a front tyre deflate when riding was when I was rescuing someone else's
bike,

(often the way it seems, 'no good deed not going unpunished' etc... )

and that turned out to be a faulty patch on the tube. I *never*
patched front tyres after that.

I have taken on many a second hand cycle and found that patches just
peel off the tube, suggesting they were only stuck on with spit?

Luckily, most of my motorbikes ran tubeless tyres (as do my trailers
now).

Cheers, T i m