Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Mostly Vegan - Ping Tim

On 09/05/2021 13:33, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 9 May 2021 11:46:29 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 08/05/2021 09:09, Spike wrote:
On 07/05/2021 17:23, T i m wrote:
newshound wrote:

On 07/05/2021 12:13, T i m wrote:

However, what we are doing then is comparing the taste of something we
are used to, something we shouldn't have been consuming in the first
place ('cows milk' was meant for 'cows', not humans

But humans have *evolved* to be able to consume it (at least, a lot
can).

More than 60+% of the population can't
Claptrap. Unadulterated claptrap.

If humans hadn't been able to process lactose, humans would not have
succeeded as a species.

It was the ability to devise ways to turn cows milk into a form
that could be stored for consumption during the winter months
(plus other plant-based stuff) that allowed the humans who
migrated north to survive the winter.

True, but no more 'natural' than saying they ate each other whilst
there to survive or stealing someone else's food to do the same.

Only a fanatical vegan would associate drinking milk with cannibalism.

(eg, For us to consume milk we need to deny it to the very creature it
was made for).

That is why we have farms, where cows outlive their expected life, where
in the wild they would be expected to have two calves before dying.

Ditto using animal hides
and fleeces to keep warm and dry.

See above. Maybe what might have made more sense is staying where were
could survive more easily?

Is also makes sense to use renewable resources. Didn't you admit to
owning leather shoes?

A useful side effect of this
was better development, leading ultimately to the industrial
revolution.

And the near destruction of the planet.

And yet you want us feed more humans. Most of the western world's
population has been shrinking. The expansion of the rest of the world is
largely dependent on food production.

Meanwhile in Africa and pacific countries, all they needed to
do was catch fish, collect breadfruit and taro to survive. No
impetus to devise a way to survive a food shortage because they
never had one. QED

And most native peoples had more respect for 'the land' and only took
what they needed (to survive).

That's why advanced civilisations have governments to make laws to
protect the environment.

They mostly couldn't be arsed, and when it
is so hot an humid, doing as little as possible is so much
easier.

And makes much more sense than trying to live is less naturally
hospitable places.

Many animals migrate exactly for this reason (including us who because
there is generally an easy supply of food wherever we go for the sun
(without having to hunt it ourselves), we can do similar. ;-)

No need if we have farms, no need to hunt it ourselves.