Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Samsung laser cartridge, ghosting

Is this not what occurs if the toner starts to come out in clumps rather
than evenly? I've not looked at modern lasers but this kind of thing in the
old days were caused by all sorts of strange things, just like they used to
be on photocopiers, whiskers growing on the platinum wires, Drum problems
and uneven heating of the rollers that glues it all to the paper.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"ss" wrote in message
Just trying to understand this as I have a new cartridge which I can
install if necessary.
When I print I intermittently get faded black marks on the page, they are
regular markings so obviously coming from one of the rollers, if I do
nothing the page sometimes comes out clean for a 30 page run then I get
some ghosting and it eventually reverts back to a clean page.
I have dismantled the cartridge a couple of times, emptied what I think is
a collector compartment for excess toner and cleaned all the rollers.
It then prints ok for a number of pages and then goes back to ghosting
(intermittently) If I do a run of printing its either all pages clean or
all pages with ghosting. The ghosting is on one side only about 3cms wide.
I have never had this before with a toner cartridge so hoping someone can
identify what the issue is.

I am just curious as I will replace the cart if the problem becomes
excessive. I am on approx 3500 pages with this cart and refilled once, I
normally get around 5000 before it stops working due to the chip.