Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Un-hackable GPS replacement

I remember some Russian boats were used once to confuse GPs systems with
lots of near the horizon satellite signals which tenended to move targets
either offshore or miles away from where they should be so missiles using
gps could not hit a target anywhere nearby. I guess you could do the same
if you mounted your pretend sat signal simulator on a vehicle instead, but
the low elevation might somewhat give the game away.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 05/05/2021 11:30,
wrote:
I think a few people here will find this interesting, it astonished me:
https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...al-navigation/
Yes, very interesting.