Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Plywood trade

On 5/9/2021 9:05 AM, Leon wrote:
On 5/8/2021 9:25 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, May 8, 2021 at 1:18:35 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Fri, 7 May 2021 23:59:05 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

One way to get some plywood

https://imgur.com/gallery/kRSHfJX
I'm rich! I have a dozen sheets of 1/2" and about the same 3/4",
different grades and a couple of oak and birch.

You have inventory. Maybe you'll be rich after you sell it.

Let us know.

Oddly, I have really only seen a modest price increase in "some"
plywoods.Â*Â* MDO is still the same as it was 2 years ago and it is a
premium grade resin veneer ply. 1/2 5x5 Baltic Birch, still the same,
paint grade 1/4" birch and maple still the same.

It's construction material that has gone up/gotten scarce mostly...

Just looking at the "local" (nearest is 65 mi away) HD, they have
limited supplies in stock (typically 50 sheets, a couple products with
as much as 100) and are purchase limits on orders. 3/4" sheathing is
$65/sheet, +/-.

The whole supply chain of virtually everything is all afoul -- last
night they were showing the picture of all the container ships offshore
on west coast 'cuz aren't enough dockworkers working to begin to keep
up...didn't say if that was still because the State of CA has
restrictions still in place or that the unemployment checks are so big
it doesn't pay to work or combination or what...but they've got
everything royally mucked and it won't get better until get the states
and the feds out of it all.