Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Mostly Vegan - Ping Tim

On 06/05/2021 19:03, GB wrote:
I bake most of the bread we eat, and it's nearly all vegan. But, for
one thing!

I need/like to glaze some of the loaves, and I haven't found a decent
substitute for egg to do that. I've tried the liquid from tinned
chickpeas, but it's really naff compared to nice shiny egg.

So, can you suggest a decent vegan substitute, please?

We have vegan guests, and I'm fed up with apologising for the poorly
glazed bread.

milk works if they are not agin it

I guess you need a protein? Lentils boiled to destruction?

Mung Beans are used to make transparent noodles somewhere
in Asia. It was on TV the other night. ?Rick stein