Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Mostly Vegan - Ping Tim

On 8 May 2021 21:55:48 GMT, Tim Streater
wrote:
snip
T r o l l still hasn't grasped the basics, namely that we are all (all
mammals, that is) born with the ability to process lactose. From Wikipedia:

"Infant mammals nurse on their mothers to drink milk, which is rich in
lactose."

so that includes humans, most particularly babies.

Yes, and? Where does wiki say that human babies are best raised on
cows milk?

It doesn't, and they aren't, and no one has suggested they should be.

So why the (/YOUR) focus / distraction with babies then?

It's not a distraction, it's part of the discussion.

If we are born with lactose tolerance then lactose tolerance in
infants is not and never has been 'the discussion re 'lactose
intolerance' in adults which is what we mean where we are talking of
such. So it's not and never has been part of the discussion about how
*adults* not only shouldn't (and typically don't) drink growth fluid
of our own species but certainly shouldn't drink the growth fluid of a
different species!

Yup, because of the circumstances / cultures / religions of 'some
people', those people have *developed a tolerance to something they
were never designed in nature to consume, certainly after they had
weaned themselves*.

No, ****-for-brains, they haven't developed a tolerance. The point is thay
*haven't* developed an *intolerance*.

Semantics (re the actual point of course).

Meaning that you can't tell the difference. Figures.

Nope, I fully understand the difference but it's only semantics as
it's not relevant *to the point*.

Which is not the same thing at all. Getting a clue yet?

Let's see (and see how much harder your faceplant ends up being ...)

So, when you are a baby you (naturally) drink the milk (of the same
species) until you are weaned, *THEN YOU STOP DRINKING MILK AND GO
ONTO SOLIDS* (****-for-brains).

Ooh look, you're talking about babies. But I thought that for you they're not
relevant.

Only for the means of proving your attempt of distraction.

If you then (unnaturally) *continue drinking milk, after you have
weaned*, yes, you *then* continue the infant lactose tolerance.

Ah good, you're starting to show understanding of the point.

Your (irrelevant) point.

Which is all
about us all starting *with* the tolerance (or, expressed more usefully, we
start with the *ability* to digest the lactose in milk (any milk, note) and
then we might or might not lose it).

We generally did lose it, just that continuous exposure to it has
allowed us to maintain a tolerance to it.

But no animal does that so WTF do you think it's 'perfectly natural'
that we do, and if we then do again, after we have weaned, as adults,
there is a more than 60% chance (worldwide) that we will then be
intolerant of it?

Mmm oh dear, I thought I was being over-optimistic.

You are very simple that's for sure.

It is, of course,
perfectly natural for one species to exploit another, and be exploited right
back.

Except we are talking about *human* exploitation of other species
here, nothing else (so yet another strawman from you).

I've already mentioned ants, and we could also mention the bacteria we
permit to live in our gut, which excrete B-vitamins for our benefit, then
there are the mitochondria in every one of our body cells which provide us
with energy in exchange for free grub. Or the microscopic mites which live on
your eyelashes and oil them (not quite sure why that's a benefit to us).

*Still* completely and utterly irrelevant.

These are all symbiotic relationships between species, and nature abounds with
them.

See above but I appreciate you set your moral standards on what
animals have to do to survive.

What part of any of that makes you think it's something that we should
be doing, especially as adults in 2021? The fact that we have taken
thousands of years to become tollerant to a food that was never meant
for us in the first place (and the children of mothers have to be
killed for us to have) doesn't ring any alarm bells with you?

As you continually fail to appreciate, the tolerance is something we are born
with.

And *still* completely and utterly irrelevant to our consumption of a
growth fluid and *especially* from a different species (where we have
to slaughter and enslave their young to steal it) when we are 'grown
ups' and where there are many alternatives that are better for us,
better for them and better for the planet.

Again, what is your justification for knowingly causing *unnecessary*
suffering and death of these innocent and sentient creatures (in
2021)?

Cheers, T i m